Wednesday 11 January 2012

Cricket-Ponting feels back in the groove


Australia batsman Ricky Ponting said he was confident his century against India in Sydney last week would signal the start of a revival in his batting career.
Ponting, the third highest run-scorer in tests behind India's Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid, scored 134 in Sydney, his first hundred since he made 209 against Pakistan two years ago in Hobart.
"I've had to work really hard with my game the last few months and I felt that I made a bit of progress the last few weeks," Ponting, 37, told reporters in Perth on Wednesday, two days before the start of the third test.
"I think the biggest challenge for me was the technical flaws that I've been working on and getting enough quality time in the middle and starting to feel that bit more free again and I feel my rhythm is starting to come back in my batting.

No comments:

Post a Comment